US: WhiteWave share slide on NYSE debut
WhiteWave's stock opened at US$19 but closed at $16.75
Shares in Dean Foods' soy and organic arm WhiteWave Foods Co slid on their debut on the New York stock exchange on Friday (26 October).
WhiteWave's stock opened at US$19, up 12% from its IPO price of $17. The shares, however, fell 1.5% to finish at $16.75 at close of trading.
Dean Foods planned to raise up to $320m from the IPO, which was announced in August. It sold shares in up to 20% of WhiteWave, which sells Horizon organic milks and plant-based dairy alternatives, such as Silk Soymilk.
Shares in Dean Foods tumbled 11% to close at $16.74 on Friday following the IPO.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports