US: WhiteWave share slide on NYSE debut
WhiteWave's stock opened at US$19 but closed at $16.75
Shares in Dean Foods' soy and organic arm WhiteWave Foods Co slid on their debut on the New York stock exchange on Friday (26 October).
WhiteWave's stock opened at US$19, up 12% from its IPO price of $17. The shares, however, fell 1.5% to finish at $16.75 at close of trading.
Dean Foods planned to raise up to $320m from the IPO, which was announced in August. It sold shares in up to 20% of WhiteWave, which sells Horizon organic milks and plant-based dairy alternatives, such as Silk Soymilk.
Shares in Dean Foods tumbled 11% to close at $16.74 on Friday following the IPO.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements