US: WhiteWave share slide on NYSE debut
WhiteWave's stock opened at US$19 but closed at $16.75
Shares in Dean Foods' soy and organic arm WhiteWave Foods Co slid on their debut on the New York stock exchange on Friday (26 October).
WhiteWave's stock opened at US$19, up 12% from its IPO price of $17. The shares, however, fell 1.5% to finish at $16.75 at close of trading.
Dean Foods planned to raise up to $320m from the IPO, which was announced in August. It sold shares in up to 20% of WhiteWave, which sells Horizon organic milks and plant-based dairy alternatives, such as Silk Soymilk.
Shares in Dean Foods tumbled 11% to close at $16.74 on Friday following the IPO.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights