UK: Whittard board reshuffled and rejuvenated
Tea and coffee retailer Whittard of Chelsea has announced a reshuffle up of its boardroom, and revealed three new appointments to non-executive director posts. CEO Wil Hobhouse is to concentrate on strategy, and Richard Knight is to gain promotion to managing director on the retail side. Newcomers Malcolm Graham and David Turnbull have also joined the Whittard ranks from the Internet incubator Antfactory, and Hugo Drayton has left Hollinger Telegraph to join the company. Yesterday (18 September), Whittard revealed that despite sales of £33.2m it had incurred losses totalling £258,000 for the H1 period, the results of an exceptional charge of £375,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs