UK: Whittard board reshuffled and rejuvenated
Tea and coffee retailer Whittard of Chelsea has announced a reshuffle up of its boardroom, and revealed three new appointments to non-executive director posts. CEO Wil Hobhouse is to concentrate on strategy, and Richard Knight is to gain promotion to managing director on the retail side. Newcomers Malcolm Graham and David Turnbull have also joined the Whittard ranks from the Internet incubator Antfactory, and Hugo Drayton has left Hollinger Telegraph to join the company. Yesterday (18 September), Whittard revealed that despite sales of £33.2m it had incurred losses totalling £258,000 for the H1 period, the results of an exceptional charge of £375,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action