UK: Whittard of Chelsea blooms under Rose
Richard Rose claimed today to have turned around specialist tea and coffee retailer Whittard of Chelsea in just five months under his stewardship. The loss making company saw HI losses narrow from £1.7m (US$2.4m) in 2000 to £845,000; sales were meanwhile up to £15.7m from £15.5m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO