UK/USA: Whittard to launch teashops in the US
UK tea and coffee retailer Whittard of Chelsea has said it is planning to launch a new chain of teashops in the US to compete with the Starbucks coffee chain. Whittard recently opened its first in-store teashop at an outlet of US department store chain Marshall Field's. "The US is a coffee culture but we are seeing a swing to tea. The Minneapolis store is like a tea version of Starbucks and it is taking twice the revenue that part of the Marshall Field's store managed before," chief executive Richard Rose was quoted by the Times as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever