UK/USA: Whittard to launch teashops in the US
UK tea and coffee retailer Whittard of Chelsea has said it is planning to launch a new chain of teashops in the US to compete with the Starbucks coffee chain. Whittard recently opened its first in-store teashop at an outlet of US department store chain Marshall Field's. "The US is a coffee culture but we are seeing a swing to tea. The Minneapolis store is like a tea version of Starbucks and it is taking twice the revenue that part of the Marshall Field's store managed before," chief executive Richard Rose was quoted by the Times as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target