UK/USA: Whittard to launch teashops in the US
UK tea and coffee retailer Whittard of Chelsea has said it is planning to launch a new chain of teashops in the US to compete with the Starbucks coffee chain. Whittard recently opened its first in-store teashop at an outlet of US department store chain Marshall Field's. "The US is a coffee culture but we are seeing a swing to tea. The Minneapolis store is like a tea version of Starbucks and it is taking twice the revenue that part of the Marshall Field's store managed before," chief executive Richard Rose was quoted by the Times as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods