UK/USA: Whittard to launch teashops in the US
UK tea and coffee retailer Whittard of Chelsea has said it is planning to launch a new chain of teashops in the US to compete with the Starbucks coffee chain. Whittard recently opened its first in-store teashop at an outlet of US department store chain Marshall Field's. "The US is a coffee culture but we are seeing a swing to tea. The Minneapolis store is like a tea version of Starbucks and it is taking twice the revenue that part of the Marshall Field's store managed before," chief executive Richard Rose was quoted by the Times as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review