US: Whole Foods buys Arizona, California stores from New Frontiers Natural Marketplace
Whole Foods Market is to buy four stores from local US retailer New Frontiers Natural Marketplace.
The natural and organic grocer has moved for three outlets in Arizona - one each in Flagstaff, Prescott and Sedona - and a store in San Luis Obispo in California.
Andrew Wolf, a US retail analyst at BB&T Capital Markets, said: "We view this deal positively since it allows WFM to efficiently enter four smaller markets in which it does not currently operate and further illustrates that the chain is well positioned to exploit food retailing consolidation opportunities."
The outlets will be renamed Whole Foods. The deal is expected to finalised "in the next few weeks", Whole Foods said.
"We are excited to expand our presence to new markets in Arizona and Central California, bringing our fresh, delicious and competitively priced products with the highest quality standards in the business to these vibrant communities," Patrick Bradley, a regional president of Whole Foods, said.
Wolf said the new stores were 22,000 sq feet on average, compared to the average Whole Foods, which is 38,200 sq feet in size.
Canadean's "The Kroger Co. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview,...
Kroger continues to fight for share in the extremely competitive grocery channel, holding a 7% value share for the category. Kroger continues to focus on its core supermarket business through acquisit...
Agricultural Products in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ...
US snack maker Barnana has secured investment from venture capital fund Boulder Food Group. ...
Organic Food in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020