USA: Whole Foods Market Announces 3Q00 Sales and Earnings
Whole Foods Market (Nasdaq:WFMI) today announced sales and earnings for the fiscal quarter ended July 2, 2000. Core retail sales during this 12-week period were a record $443 million, an increase of 23% over sales of $361 million for the same period of the prior fiscal year. This brings year-to-date core retail sales for the 40-week period to $1.4 billion, an increase of 23% over sales of $1.1 billion in the prior year. Comparable store sales increased 8.1% for the quarter and 8.6% year-to-date. Sales in identical stores (excludes 3 relocated and 1 remodeled store) increased 6.5% for the quarter and 7.2% year-to-date. The four relocated and remodeled stores saw an average 83% increase in square footage. As the Company continues to relocate smaller stores to larger boxes with better parking and visibility, it expects to continue to see a similar variance between comparable and identical sales increases.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti