USA: Whole Foods Market announces sales and comparable store sales for fourth quarter and fiscal year 2000
Whole Foods Market, Inc. (Nasdaq: WFMI) yesterday announced sales for the fiscal quarter and year ended September 24, 2000. Core retail sales during this 12- week period were $438 million, an increase of 22% over sales of $358 million for the same period of the prior fiscal year. This brings core retail sales for the 52-week fiscal year to $1.84 billion, an increase of 23% over sales of $1.49 billion in the prior year.Comparable store sales (stores open for more than 52 weeks) increased 8.6% for the quarter and for the year. Sales in identical stores (excludes 3 relocated and 1 remodeled store) increased 6.8% for the quarter and 7% for the year. The four relocated and remodeled stores saw an average 83% increase in square footage. As the Company continues to relocate smaller stores to larger boxes, it expects to continue to see a similar variance between comparable and identical sales increases.The Company's previously stated guidance for sales growth of 20-25% for fiscal year 2001 remains unchanged. The Company expects to open or acquire 15-20 stores for an estimated increase in square footage of approximately 20%. Comparable store sales for fiscal year 2001 are expected to be in the 7-9% range for the year.Whole Foods Market, a Fortune 1000 company, opened its first store in Austin, Texas, in 1980. Since then, Whole Foods has grown to operate the country's largest chain of natural foods supermarkets with 117 stores in 22 states plus the District of Columbia. We invite you to learn more about Whole Foods Market at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review