USA: Whole Foods Market appoints new regional president
US natural and organic foods retailer Whole Foods Market has announced that Ken Meyer has been named president of the company's Mid-Atlantic region, effective 13 October.
Meyer joined the company in 1996 and has held various positions including store team leader, and vice president of the Southwest region. He most recently served as president of the South region since March 2001.
Whole Foods Market had sales of US$3.7bn for the twelve months ending 4 July 2004 and currently has 163 stores in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Earlier this summer, Singapore paid host to Natural Products - Organic Asia 2005. Despite the show's title, there was less emphasis on organic principles, and a greater focus on health foods, such as...
As organic food continues to move into the mainstream, a wealth of companies, from the family-run to the multinational, are taking advantage of this popularity, with new products and line extensions. ...
The organic market appears to be going from strength to strength, especially if this year's BioFach exhibition is anything to go by. With over 2,000 exhibitors from 70 countries and more than 30,000 v...
Natraceutical, a spin-off of Spanish food group Natra-Zahor, has unveiled ambitious expansion plans, spurred on by growth in the functional foods market. With such high levels of interest in healthy f...
The Australian state of Victoria is investing in a programme to identify new opportunities for its food and agriculture industries. As part of this initiative the government conducted extensive resear...
Innovation is king - or is it? Fear of legislation or simple lack of imagination has depressed innovation in the food sector for a couple of years. Brand extensions and me-too copycats are not the sam...
US natural and organic food company Hain Celestial has announced the signing of a definitive agreement and plan of merger with Spectrum Organic Products, a California-based manufacturer and marketer o...
The UK's largest organic sector body, the Soil Association will today (Tuesday) urge the new minister for organic food and farming, Lord Bach to support high welfare standards in organic poultry farmi...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016