USA: Whole Foods Market reports 16% increase in Q1 sales
Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market, Inc. has reported sales and earnings for the Q1 ended 20 January 2002. Sales for the 16-week period increased 21% over the prior year. This increase was driven by 16% year-over- year square footage growth and better than expected comparable store sales growth of 9.4%. Sales in identical stores (excluding three relocated stores) increased 7.5% for the quarter. Net income for the quarter increased 34% to US$20.1m from US$15m in the prior year, and diluted earnings per share increased 26% to US$0.34, compared to US$0.27 in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review