USA: Whole Foods Market reports 16% increase in Q1 sales
Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market, Inc. has reported sales and earnings for the Q1 ended 20 January 2002. Sales for the 16-week period increased 21% over the prior year. This increase was driven by 16% year-over- year square footage growth and better than expected comparable store sales growth of 9.4%. Sales in identical stores (excluding three relocated stores) increased 7.5% for the quarter. Net income for the quarter increased 34% to US$20.1m from US$15m in the prior year, and diluted earnings per share increased 26% to US$0.34, compared to US$0.27 in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival