USA: Whole Foods Market sees Q2 sales up 21%
Austin, Texas-based natural and organic foods retailer Whole Foods Market has reported record sales and earnings for its12-week second quarter ended 14 April 2002. Q2 sales increased 21% over the prior year driven by 17% square footage growth and better than expected comparable store sales growth of 10.1%. Sales in identical stores (excluding three relocated stores) increased 9.1%. Income from continuing operations increased 36% to US$20.2m from US$14.9m in the prior year, and diluted earnings per share increased 26% to US$0.34, compared to US$0.27 in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target