US: Whole Foods Market ups profit forecast
US grocer Whole Foods Market has booked an increase in first-quarter profits and raised its full-year earnings outlook.
Net profit in the three months to the end of December climbed 33% to US$118.3m, while EBITDA rose 21% from the prior-year period to $283m.
Sales in the quarter increased 13% to $3.4bn, while comparable store sales rose 8.7%, and identical store sales, excluding six relocations and two expansions, increased 8.2%.
"We are pleased with our sales momentum and are confident we will continue to leverage our sales to the bottom line as reflected in our increased operating margin and earnings outlook for the year," Whole Foods Market co-CEO Walter Robb said yesterday (8 February).
Based on results from the first quarter, Whole Foods raised its full-year profit forecast to a range of $2.28 to $2.32 per share, from $2.21 to $2.26 per share.
Whole Foods' share price was up 2.64% to $79.99 at 10.06am ET.
UK crisp manufacturer Tyrrells has insisted it believes it can build its fledgling businesses in the emerging markets of India and China....
US retailer The Fresh Market has lifted its target for annual earnings after its profits jumped in the first quarter of its financial year....
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report