US: Whole Foods snaps up Wild Oats
Austin, Texas-based natural and organic food retailer Whole Foods Markets has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire smaller rival Wild Oats Markets in a deal which, Whole Foods said, will allow it to better compete with traditional grocery chains that are increasingly cutting into the organic niche.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre