UK: Wholebake introduces 9Bar Breakfast range
Wholebake has launched new 9Bar Breakfast
UK snack bar firm Wholebake is launching a range of breakfast bars under its 9Bar brand.
The 9Bar Breakfast range comprises four lines including almond and raspberry, apricot and strawberry and peanut and raisin.
Kendra Jones, marketing coordinator at Wales-based Wholebake, explained 9Bar's existing range - which has variations including Pumpkin, Fruity, Flax, Nutty and Organic as well as two savoury flavours - had "breakfast appeal". The firm decided to tailor its offering to include "more breakfast-type ingredients", she said.
"We've added things like raisins, apricots, strawberries and puffed rice to create more of a breakfast appeal," Jones told just-food at the Food and Drink Expo in Birmingham yesterday (27 March).
"It's great for breakfast on-the-go and contains the nutritional value you'd get from a regular breakfast. One bar has 9g of protein so it's a really good stand-alone breakfast."
The bars also contain gluten-free oats which Jones said allows audiences to identify it as part of the 9Bar family which is also gluten-free.
She added demand for more convenient breakfast foods prompted the firm to look at entering the category.
"There's a lot of talk around the breakfast biscuits, we wanted to create something that was a standalone breakfast so you don't need to have anything else with it. It's great if someone wants to have something before the gym or something to get them through until about 11am. These are a full breakfast offering, it won't just fill you up for a short amount of time, but for around three-and-a-half to four hours," Jones added.
Existing 9Bar products are available in Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons. 9Bar Breakfast will launch on 14 April and will be available in the independent retail sector including Suma, Tree of Life and Essential with plans to roll out to the multiples being considered.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020