UK/USA: Diageo/Burger King: whoops on the whopper (COMMENT)
Diageo has allegedly turned down a revised offer for Burger King. As the dining out market continues to evolve away from fastfood, at least in Western markets, Diageo's deal to offload Burger King looks increasingly vulnerable. Given a choice between carrying forward its vital strategic reorientation and holding out on price for Burger King, Diageo may be forced to compromise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre