UK/USA: Diageo/Burger King: whoops on the whopper (COMMENT)
Diageo has allegedly turned down a revised offer for Burger King. As the dining out market continues to evolve away from fastfood, at least in Western markets, Diageo's deal to offload Burger King looks increasingly vulnerable. Given a choice between carrying forward its vital strategic reorientation and holding out on price for Burger King, Diageo may be forced to compromise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival