USA: Wild Oats Markets, Inc. reports second quarter results
Wild Oats Markets, Inc. (Nasdaq: OATS) today reported its financial performance for the second quarter ended June 30, 2001. Financial Results The Company reported sales of $229.4 million for the second quarter of 2001, an increase of 7.8% over sales of $212.8 million for the same period in 2000. Sales for the six months then ended were $448.9 million, an increase of 5.9% over sales of $424.0 million in the same period of 2000. This sales increase in the second quarter was driven by a comparable store sales increase of 3.9%. For the year, sales in comparable stores increased 2.3%. The Company opened four new stores and closed one store in the first quarter of 2001. The Company opened or acquired 16 new stores, and closed or sold 20 stores in 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units