USA: Wild Oats Markets, Inc. reports second quarter results
Wild Oats Markets, Inc. (Nasdaq: OATS) today reported its financial performance for the second quarter ended June 30, 2001. Financial Results The Company reported sales of $229.4 million for the second quarter of 2001, an increase of 7.8% over sales of $212.8 million for the same period in 2000. Sales for the six months then ended were $448.9 million, an increase of 5.9% over sales of $424.0 million in the same period of 2000. This sales increase in the second quarter was driven by a comparable store sales increase of 3.9%. For the year, sales in comparable stores increased 2.3%. The Company opened four new stores and closed one store in the first quarter of 2001. The Company opened or acquired 16 new stores, and closed or sold 20 stores in 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant