USA: Wild Oats Markets, Inc. reports second quarter results
Wild Oats Markets, Inc. (Nasdaq: OATS) today reported its financial performance for the second quarter ended June 30, 2001. Financial Results The Company reported sales of $229.4 million for the second quarter of 2001, an increase of 7.8% over sales of $212.8 million for the same period in 2000. Sales for the six months then ended were $448.9 million, an increase of 5.9% over sales of $424.0 million in the same period of 2000. This sales increase in the second quarter was driven by a comparable store sales increase of 3.9%. For the year, sales in comparable stores increased 2.3%. The Company opened four new stores and closed one store in the first quarter of 2001. The Company opened or acquired 16 new stores, and closed or sold 20 stores in 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin