USA: Wild Oats Markets, Inc. reports third quarter results
Wild Oats Markets, Inc. (Nasdaq: OATS), a leading national natural and organic foods retailer, today announced financial results for the third quarter and first nine months ended September 29, 2001. Financial Results Wild Oats generated sales of $222.2 million in the third quarter, a 7.2 percent increase compared with sales of $207.2 million in the third quarter of 2000. Sales for the first nine months of the year were $671.1 million, up 6.3 percent from $631.2 million in the comparable period last year. These results are primarily due to improved comparable store sales, which increased 5.5 percent in the third quarter, and 3.4 percent in the first nine months of 2001 compared with the same period last year. A focus on operational improvements in previously acquired stores and new marketing programs in select regions fueled the improved comparable store sales in both periods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund