USA: Wild Oats Markets reports profitable Q1
Boulder, Colorado-based Wild Oats Markets, the natural and organic foods retailer, has posted net income of US$668,000, US$0.03 per share, on sales up 6.2% to US$233m for its Q1 ended 30 March 2002. The sales gain was driven by 7.3% comparable store sales in the Q1, continuing the positive momentum established in 2001 with five successive quarters of same-store sales growth. Comparable store sales were 1% in the Q1 2001, 3.9% in the Q2 2001, 5.5% in the Q3 2001 and 5.7% in the Q4 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project