USA: Wild Oats Markets reports Q4 and FY 2001 results
Wild Oats Markets, a leading national natural and organic foods retailer, has announced unaudited financial results for the Q4 and FY ended 29 December 2001. Net sales for the year were a record US$893.2m, up 6.6% compared with US$838.1m in 2000. The sales gain was primarily driven by positive 4% comparable store sales in 2001, reversing a declining trend of negative 2.6% same-store sales in 2000. Wild Oats generated US$222.1m in net sales in Q4 of 2001, up 7.4% from US$206.9m in last year's Q4. Continuing the positive momentum established in the first three quarters of 2001, comparable store sales were 5.7% in Q4, their strongest level of the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO