USA: Wild Oats Markets resumes selling swordfish after international community responds to crisis
Wild Oats Markets, Inc. (Nasdaq: OATS) today announced that it has resumed offering North Atlantic swordfish in its stores. In 1999, the company discontinued offering North Atlantic swordfish, orange roughy and Chilean sea bass due to concerns over dwindling populations.In the past year, the international community has taken significant steps to ensure the long-term sustainability of North Atlantic swordfish.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival