USA: Wild Oats Markets resumes selling swordfish after international community responds to crisis
Wild Oats Markets, Inc. (Nasdaq: OATS) today announced that it has resumed offering North Atlantic swordfish in its stores. In 1999, the company discontinued offering North Atlantic swordfish, orange roughy and Chilean sea bass due to concerns over dwindling populations.In the past year, the international community has taken significant steps to ensure the long-term sustainability of North Atlantic swordfish.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail