USA: Wild Oats Markets to denote 5% of sales to charities on 18 March
Natural and organic foods retailer Wild Oats Markets has announced that 5% of proceeds from its sales on 18 March will be donated to local nonprofit organisations. The Boulder, Colo-based company explained that 5% Days are a means to give something back to its stores' local communities and increase sales. Chief marketing officer Terry Maloy, said: "We feel this is our opportunity to give back to local organisations that really need our support.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat