GERMANY: Wilhelm Schmitz-Scholl announces restructuring changes
German confectioner Wilhelm Schmitz-Scholl (Wissoll) has revealed that it will invest €12m (US$10.7m) in its two plants in Muelheim, western Germany, and Delitzsch, eastern Germany. MD Markus Brandmeier explained that the company aims to concentrate production and reduce its product range from 900 to 300 products. This will result in the loss of 240 jobs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival