RUSSIA/UKRAINE: Wimm-Bill-Dann acquires 76% stake in Ukrainian milk plant
Russian juice and dairy company Wimm-Bill-Dann (WBD) Foods has announced the acquisition of a 76% stake in the Buryn Powdered Milk Plant in the Sumy region of the Ukraine for around US$1.7m.
The acquisition, which will give WBD its own powdered milk production facility in the strategic Ukrainian market, was made in an aim to strengthen the company's presence in the Ukraine.
The Buryn plant, which was built in 1974, specialises in powdered milk and process 300 tonnes of raw milk per day. It can produce 18 tonnes of butter and 9 tonnes of whole-milk products per day, reported Interfax.
Companies: Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods
Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods has placed its second issue of ruble bonds to the amount of RUB3 billion (US$105m). The issue was priced at par with a coupon of 9%....
Russian juice and dairy giant Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods has reported lower net income for the first half, despite higher sales....
Russian juice and dairy company Wimm-bill-Dann Foods today (Tuesday) announced an acquisition of a 100% stake in the "Experimental Baby Food Plant" in the Kursk Region, which increased the total numbe...
Russian juice and dairy company Wimm-bill-Dann Foods has announced increased sales for the first quarter ended 31 March 2005, but currency fluctuations meant a net loss....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1