RUSSIA: Wimm-Bill-Dann aims to dominate hard cheese market by 2005
Russian juice and dairy giant Wimm-Bill-Dann has said it aims to dominate the Russian hard cheese market with its Lamber brand by 2005.
The brand will be positioned in the upper to middle price range and will mainly be competing against European imports, reported Dow Jones Business News.
Russia, which imports around 60% of its cheese, has a low per-capita cheese consumption of 3.9 kilograms per year, compared to 16 kilograms per year in Finland, according to Viktoria Titova, WBD's cheese brand manager.
The company will decide late next month whether or not to invest in a second cheese factory in Russia, Dow Jones said.
Companies: Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods
Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods has placed its second issue of ruble bonds to the amount of RUB3 billion (US$105m). The issue was priced at par with a coupon of 9%....
Russian juice and dairy giant Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods has reported lower net income for the first half, despite higher sales....
Russian juice and dairy company Wimm-bill-Dann Foods today (Tuesday) announced an acquisition of a 100% stake in the "Experimental Baby Food Plant" in the Kursk Region, which increased the total numbe...
Russian juice and dairy company Wimm-bill-Dann Foods has announced increased sales for the first quarter ended 31 March 2005, but currency fluctuations meant a net loss....
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO