RUSSIA: Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods acquires Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC
Moscow-based Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC (WBD) has today [Tuesday] announced the acquisition of Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC for about US$11.7m, bringing the number of enterprises comprising the dairy and juice products giant to 19. WBD has acquired the firm, one of St Petersburg's most modern and best equipped dairy plants, in line with its strategy of regional expansion. Built in 1987, the plant has a milk processing capacity of 500 tons per day (current capacity utilised is 40 tons), and presently employs about 350 people. The company plans to triple the factory's output by installing new and upgrading existing equipment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth