RUSSIA: Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods acquires Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC
Moscow-based Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC (WBD) has today [Tuesday] announced the acquisition of Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC for about US$11.7m, bringing the number of enterprises comprising the dairy and juice products giant to 19. WBD has acquired the firm, one of St Petersburg's most modern and best equipped dairy plants, in line with its strategy of regional expansion. Built in 1987, the plant has a milk processing capacity of 500 tons per day (current capacity utilised is 40 tons), and presently employs about 350 people. The company plans to triple the factory's output by installing new and upgrading existing equipment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund