RUSSIA: Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods acquires Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC
Moscow-based Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC (WBD) has today [Tuesday] announced the acquisition of Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC for about US$11.7m, bringing the number of enterprises comprising the dairy and juice products giant to 19. WBD has acquired the firm, one of St Petersburg's most modern and best equipped dairy plants, in line with its strategy of regional expansion. Built in 1987, the plant has a milk processing capacity of 500 tons per day (current capacity utilised is 40 tons), and presently employs about 350 people. The company plans to triple the factory's output by installing new and upgrading existing equipment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever