RUSSIA: Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods acquires Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC
Moscow-based Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC (WBD) has today [Tuesday] announced the acquisition of Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC for about US$11.7m, bringing the number of enterprises comprising the dairy and juice products giant to 19. WBD has acquired the firm, one of St Petersburg's most modern and best equipped dairy plants, in line with its strategy of regional expansion. Built in 1987, the plant has a milk processing capacity of 500 tons per day (current capacity utilised is 40 tons), and presently employs about 350 people. The company plans to triple the factory's output by installing new and upgrading existing equipment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units