RUSSIA: Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods acquires Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC
Moscow-based Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC (WBD) has today [Tuesday] announced the acquisition of Roska St Petersburg Dairy Company OJSC for about US$11.7m, bringing the number of enterprises comprising the dairy and juice products giant to 19. WBD has acquired the firm, one of St Petersburg's most modern and best equipped dairy plants, in line with its strategy of regional expansion. Built in 1987, the plant has a milk processing capacity of 500 tons per day (current capacity utilised is 40 tons), and presently employs about 350 people. The company plans to triple the factory's output by installing new and upgrading existing equipment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report