USA: Winn-Dixie appoints Larry White as director of operation services
US retailer Winn-Dixie Stores has appointed Larry White as director of operations services, reporting directly to John Sheehan, senior vice president, operations. White has spent 18 years in the retail industry. He began his career at Tom Thumb Food & Pharmacy in Dallas/Fort Worth, later acquired by Houston-based Randalls Food Markets, now a division of US grocer Safeway. White worked in several roles at store level, ultimately becoming a store director. In 1999, he transferred to Houston to serve as the director of store re-engineering, the position he held prior to joining Winn-Dixie. He also brings one year's experience with Wal-Mart as a setup supervisor.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week