USA: Winn-Dixie appoints new president and CEO
US grocery retailer Winn-Dixie Stores has announced that it has appointed Peter Lynch as president and chief executive officer, replacing Frank Lazaran.
Lynch, who assumes his responsibilities today [Friday], will also become a member of the company's board of directors.
H. Jay Skelton, chairman of Winn-Dixie, said the board "concluded that making this change was a necessary step towards achieving our objectives".
Lynch most recently served for three years as president and chief operating officer of Albertsons, where he was responsible for operations, merchandising and marketing. Prior to that, Lynch was president of ACME, a division of Albertsons with 160 stores.
With the takeover battle for the US's number two supermarket, Albertsons, stepping up a gear, the rival factions should consider the fate of a recent food industry merger in the UK before committing t...
Retailer Winn-Dixie Stores has reported financial results for its first quarter ended 21 September 2005, showing an increased loss, but the company said its sales trend has improved....
US supermarket group Albertsons has reportedly attracted a preliminary takeover bid from rival grocery retailer Kroger....
Retailer Winn-Dixie has announced that 102 of the 125 stores in its New Orleans operating region are open for business, in an update on progress following the impact of hurricane Katrina....
US supermarket chain Albertsons has reported a slight rise in net earnings for the second quarter to 4 August and said it was still "aggressively" running the company despite last week's announcement ...
Grocery retailer Albertsons has announced that its board of directors is exploring strategic alternatives to increase shareholder value, including a possible sale of the company....
US packaged food company ConAgra Foods has said it has received notice of an unsolicited "mini-tender" offer, made by TRC Capital Corporation of Ontario, Canada, to purchase up to 3.5 million of ConAg...
Bankrupt retailer Winn-Dixie Stores Inc has announced that, following a successful auction, it has reached agreement to sell 102 stores to 30 purchasers, the substantial majority of whom intend to ope...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report