USA: Winn-Dixie reports identical store sales up 2%, net earnings up 55%
US retailer Winn-Dixie Stores, at its annual shareholders' meeting today [Wednesday], announced sales up 0.9% for its first quarter of fiscal 2003. Sales from continuing operations for the 12 weeks ended 18 September 2002 were US$2.8bn, an increase of $25.0m or 0.9% when compared with the same quarter last year. For the quarter, identical store sales, which include enlargements and exclude the stores that opened or closed during the period, increased 2.0%. Comparable store sales, which include replacement stores, increased 2.1% for the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund