USA: Winn-Dixie reports identical store sales up 2%, net earnings up 55%
US retailer Winn-Dixie Stores, at its annual shareholders' meeting today [Wednesday], announced sales up 0.9% for its first quarter of fiscal 2003. Sales from continuing operations for the 12 weeks ended 18 September 2002 were US$2.8bn, an increase of $25.0m or 0.9% when compared with the same quarter last year. For the quarter, identical store sales, which include enlargements and exclude the stores that opened or closed during the period, increased 2.0%. Comparable store sales, which include replacement stores, increased 2.1% for the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth