USA: Winn-Dixie reports identical store sales up 2%, net earnings up 55%
US retailer Winn-Dixie Stores, at its annual shareholders' meeting today [Wednesday], announced sales up 0.9% for its first quarter of fiscal 2003. Sales from continuing operations for the 12 weeks ended 18 September 2002 were US$2.8bn, an increase of $25.0m or 0.9% when compared with the same quarter last year. For the quarter, identical store sales, which include enlargements and exclude the stores that opened or closed during the period, increased 2.0%. Comparable store sales, which include replacement stores, increased 2.1% for the quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever