USA: Winn-Dixie reports Q2 sales and earnings
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc . announced sales and results of operations for its second quarter of fiscal 2002. Sales for the 16 weeks ended January 9, 2002 were US$4.0bn, an increase of US$6.8m or 0.2% compared with the same quarter last year. For the 28 weeks ended January 9, 2002, sales were US$6.9bn, an increase of US$20.0m or 0.3% compared with the prior year. Identical store sales decreased 4.5% for the quarter and 4.9% for the year. Comparable store sales, which include replacement stores, decreased 4.3% for the quarter and 4.6% for the year. Identical and comparable sales decreased in part due to the elimination of unprofitable sales departments and unprofitable sales items in remaining departments as part of the company's restructuring plan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report