USA: Winn-Dixie reports Q2 sales and earnings
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc . announced sales and results of operations for its second quarter of fiscal 2002. Sales for the 16 weeks ended January 9, 2002 were US$4.0bn, an increase of US$6.8m or 0.2% compared with the same quarter last year. For the 28 weeks ended January 9, 2002, sales were US$6.9bn, an increase of US$20.0m or 0.3% compared with the prior year. Identical store sales decreased 4.5% for the quarter and 4.9% for the year. Comparable store sales, which include replacement stores, decreased 4.3% for the quarter and 4.6% for the year. Identical and comparable sales decreased in part due to the elimination of unprofitable sales departments and unprofitable sales items in remaining departments as part of the company's restructuring plan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix