USA: Winn-Dixie shifts to quarterly dividend and revises earnings estimate downward
Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WIN) announced that it will shift its dividend declaration and payment policy from monthly in advance to quarterly in arrears, commencing with the dividend payments customarily made in November, December, and January. Even though the Company expects earnings for the first quarter ended September 19, 2001, to show an improvement of between 36% and 63% compared to the same period of the prior year, the improvement is less than previously projected by the Company. Because of uncertainties in the timing of achieving the full benefits of the Company's restructuring, including an increase in customer count, as well as the general business and economic uncertainties arising from the tragic events of September 11, 2001, the Company believes that it is prudent to have the financial flexibility provided by a policy of considering dividend declarations quarterly in arrears and to save the excessive administrative and financial costs of paying a monthly dividend.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review