USA: Winn-Dixie will buy up Jacksonville Jaguars tickets to get games on TV
Jacksonville, Florida-based Winn-Dixie Stores is to display faith in the local football team by buying up enough Jacksonville Jaguars tickets to ensure that all the home games this season are shown on TV. The National Football League rules state that games which are not a sell out are subject to a local TV blackout, and before Winn-Dixie's announcement, team officials were concerned that 70% of the home games would be blacked out.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix