USA: Wisconsin struggles to lead cheese market on Californian competition
Wisconsin, a state that has long produced more cheese than any other in the US, is fighting to retain its leadership in the cheese market, according to a new report. California is quickly nearing a level of cheese production to top Wisconsin's. In the early 1990's, California overtook Wisconsin as the nation's biggest milk producer, a development that has caused Wisconsin state officials to focus on the cheese situation with severity, investing US$150m in the expansion and addition of cheese production facilities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target