USA: WLR Foods, Inc. Selects Korn/Ferry International to Search for New Chief Executive Officer
WLR Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: WLRF), one of the nation's leading producers and processors of poultry food products, today announced the selection of global executive recruiting firm Korn/Ferry International to assist in the search for a new President and Chief Executive Officer. The new executive will succeed James L. Keeler, who has announced his retirement after serving as WLR Foods' leader since 1988. The final year of Mr. Keeler's employment agreement with the Company, which commences July 1, 2000, is designated as a transition year to allow Mr. Keeler and the Board of Directors to identify a successor. William H. Groseclose, Chairman of the Search Committee, said, "Our new Chief Executive Officer will be articulate, charismatic and capable of energizing a team. With a proven track record of performance, he or she will have demonstrated the ability to direct the overall strategic vision of the Company and significantly impact the business, both in the short and long term, as well as to provide vision and leadership to employees at all levels of the organization. We turned to Korn/Ferry because of its strong reputation in the consumer products industry and its track record in helping companies recruit senior-level executives." John Bassler, Managing Director in Korn/Ferry's global consumer products practice, will head the search team with the assistance of Michael Dunford, Managing Director in Chicago. Together, they have more than 30 years of executive search experience, especially at the senior-most levels. According to Mr. Bassler, "We are delighted to have this opportunity, and look forward to working closely with WLR Foods. With its cooperative team approach and long-standing commitment to the development of high quality, innovative products, WLR Foods is unique among food producers and marketers and is an extremely dynamic organization in which to work."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review