USA: Women's Foodservice Forum unveils groundbreaking study on women in leadership in the foodservice industry
More than half of women surveyed feel that opportunities for women in foodservice have improved just slightly, not at all, or have, in fact, declined over the past five years, revealed the Catalyst study commissioned by the Women's Foodservice Forum (WFF) entitled, Women in Leadership in the Foodservice Industry. This groundbreaking study also unveiled key barriers to advancement and strategies to succeed expressed by both women and CEOs within the industry. "Since two out of three women surveyed aspire to advance to senior management within the foodservice industry and expect to do so within the next five years, it's important to understand the barriers standing in their way," said Barbara Timm-Brock, WFF Chair and COO of Cinnabon/AFC Enterprises. The study indicates that both women and CEOs feel that lack of mentoring is the most important obstacle facing women today. The top four barriers identified in the study are:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review