AUSTRALIA: Woolworth releases fiscal report and reiterates push for growth
Woolworth Limited yesterday (25 September) released its annual fiscal report and reiterated its push for growth within the supermarket sector. The retail chain announced 1999-2000 post-tax profits of A$364.1m, although this figure is before exceptional items. CEO Roger Corbett commented that goods and service tax has not impacted negatively on sales which reached A$20.02bn and that Woolworth experienced a better-than-expected final quarter. He also claimed that the new fiscal year has started "satisfactorily […] Overall sales are up more than 8% for the first two months of 2000-2001, with Australian Independent Wholesalers sales down due to the exit from the unprofitable cigarette and export businesses."The group also stressed the cost savings of A$25m from its "Project Refresh," which are expected to reach an annual level of A$134m by the financial year of 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review