AUSTRALIA: Woolworth shares soar but clouds on the horizon
Australia's largest supermarket chain, Woolworths , continues to woo investors with a 5.6% share price rise in the past couple of days on the back of strong sales. Woolworths revealed that sales in the December quarter were up 19.6% and up 13.4% to A$12.75bn (US$6.6bn) for the first six months of the financial year. These figures have maintained Woolworth's position as one of the darlings of the Australian stockmarket, particularly as Woolworth's main rival,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast