AUSTRALIA: Woolworth shares soar but clouds on the horizon
Australia's largest supermarket chain, Woolworths , continues to woo investors with a 5.6% share price rise in the past couple of days on the back of strong sales. Woolworths revealed that sales in the December quarter were up 19.6% and up 13.4% to A$12.75bn (US$6.6bn) for the first six months of the financial year. These figures have maintained Woolworth's position as one of the darlings of the Australian stockmarket, particularly as Woolworth's main rival,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea