AUSTRALIA: Woolworths aims to see egg on Coles’ face
Australian supermarket giant Woolworths has launched a promotion involving the sale of Tasmanian eggs in a bid to garner favour after rival Coles Supermarkets' fall from grace. Coles encountered much criticism when it imported 15,000 eggs from New South Wales-based Pace Farm into Tasmania for a national sales promotion. Critics said that the move endangered the local industry, putting farms and jobs at risk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes