AUSTRALIA: Woolworths aims to see egg on Coles’ face
Australian supermarket giant Woolworths has launched a promotion involving the sale of Tasmanian eggs in a bid to garner favour after rival Coles Supermarkets' fall from grace. Coles encountered much criticism when it imported 15,000 eggs from New South Wales-based Pace Farm into Tasmania for a national sales promotion. Critics said that the move endangered the local industry, putting farms and jobs at risk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti