AUSTRALIA: Woolworths aims to see egg on Coles’ face
Australian supermarket giant Woolworths has launched a promotion involving the sale of Tasmanian eggs in a bid to garner favour after rival Coles Supermarkets' fall from grace. Coles encountered much criticism when it imported 15,000 eggs from New South Wales-based Pace Farm into Tasmania for a national sales promotion. Critics said that the move endangered the local industry, putting farms and jobs at risk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill