AUSTRALIA: Woolworths aims to see egg on Coles’ face
Australian supermarket giant Woolworths has launched a promotion involving the sale of Tasmanian eggs in a bid to garner favour after rival Coles Supermarkets' fall from grace. Coles encountered much criticism when it imported 15,000 eggs from New South Wales-based Pace Farm into Tasmania for a national sales promotion. Critics said that the move endangered the local industry, putting farms and jobs at risk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action