AUSTRALIA: Woolworths CEO says Q1 sales robust
Roger Corbett, managing director of leading Australian supermarket operator Woolworths, today [Tuesday] reported solid sales in the first quarter. Corbett told reporters on the fringe of a conference in New York that the group was finding the overall retail environment "really very steady. We've got a bit of deflation in fruit and vegetables, and meat, which is quite significant in terms of the overall mix, but our sales are [...] very solid for the first quarter".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units