AUSTRALIA: Woolworths CFO Wavish to head supermarkets group, could succeed Corbett?
Bill Wavish, CFO of Australian supermarket giant Woolworths, has been appointed director of the group's supermarkets division. An accountant by background, the move will enable 54 year-old Wavish to gain hands-on experience of retail operations. He has previously held CEO, COO and CFO posts at a number of companies in the Antipodes, including that of CFO at Dairy Farm International Holdings Ltd. Wavish's immediate support team will comprise Tom Flood, chief general manager of supermarket operations, Bernie Brookes, chief general manager of supermarket buying and marketing, and Naum Onikul, chief general manager responsible for Woolworths divisions including liquor, fuel, ezy-banking and e-commerce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up