AUSTRALIA: Woolworths CFO Wavish to head supermarkets group, could succeed Corbett?
Bill Wavish, CFO of Australian supermarket giant Woolworths, has been appointed director of the group's supermarkets division. An accountant by background, the move will enable 54 year-old Wavish to gain hands-on experience of retail operations. He has previously held CEO, COO and CFO posts at a number of companies in the Antipodes, including that of CFO at Dairy Farm International Holdings Ltd. Wavish's immediate support team will comprise Tom Flood, chief general manager of supermarket operations, Bernie Brookes, chief general manager of supermarket buying and marketing, and Naum Onikul, chief general manager responsible for Woolworths divisions including liquor, fuel, ezy-banking and e-commerce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea