AUSTRALIA: Woolworths, Coles Myer increase market dominance
Australian food retail leader Woolworths upped its share of the market by 1.1% to 38.7% in the twelve months ended September, reports trade magazine Retail World. Archrival Coles Myer, which also runs the Bi-Lo discount fascia and the Newmart chain in Western Australia, also grew its percentage of the grocery market by 0.9% to 32.9%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw