AUSTRALIA: Woolworths, Coles Myer increase market dominance
Australian food retail leader Woolworths upped its share of the market by 1.1% to 38.7% in the twelve months ended September, reports trade magazine Retail World. Archrival Coles Myer, which also runs the Bi-Lo discount fascia and the Newmart chain in Western Australia, also grew its percentage of the grocery market by 0.9% to 32.9%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch