AUSTRALIA: Woolworths, Coles Myer increase Queensland market share to 77.4%
Australia's two largest grocery retailers, Coles Myer and Woolworths, now control 77.4% of Queensland's dry grocery market, up from 73.9% 12 months ago. Most of the growth was Woolworths' as the company pulled further ahead of its main rival Coles Myer in Queensland, gaining a 43.4% of the state's dry grocery market compared to 40.2% a year ago. Coles Myer's market share in Queensland was relatively unchanged at 34%, compared to 33.7% a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO