AUSTRALIA: Woolworths, Coles Myer increase Queensland market share to 77.4%
Australia's two largest grocery retailers, Coles Myer and Woolworths, now control 77.4% of Queensland's dry grocery market, up from 73.9% 12 months ago. Most of the growth was Woolworths' as the company pulled further ahead of its main rival Coles Myer in Queensland, gaining a 43.4% of the state's dry grocery market compared to 40.2% a year ago. Coles Myer's market share in Queensland was relatively unchanged at 34%, compared to 33.7% a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly