AUSTRALIA: Woolworths, Coles Myer increase Queensland market share to 77.4%
Australia's two largest grocery retailers, Coles Myer and Woolworths, now control 77.4% of Queensland's dry grocery market, up from 73.9% 12 months ago. Most of the growth was Woolworths' as the company pulled further ahead of its main rival Coles Myer in Queensland, gaining a 43.4% of the state's dry grocery market compared to 40.2% a year ago. Coles Myer's market share in Queensland was relatively unchanged at 34%, compared to 33.7% a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins