AUSTRALIA: Woolworths, Coles Myer increase Queensland market share to 77.4%
Australia's two largest grocery retailers, Coles Myer and Woolworths, now control 77.4% of Queensland's dry grocery market, up from 73.9% 12 months ago. Most of the growth was Woolworths' as the company pulled further ahead of its main rival Coles Myer in Queensland, gaining a 43.4% of the state's dry grocery market compared to 40.2% a year ago. Coles Myer's market share in Queensland was relatively unchanged at 34%, compared to 33.7% a year ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast