AUSTRALIA: Woolworths completes share buyback
Australian retailer Woolworths has said that it has successfully completed its off-market A$532m (US$320.5m) share buyback. Woolworths bought 46.7 million ordinary shares, or 4.4% of issued capital, at $11.40 per share, reported Dow Jones International News. "The structure of the buyback was specifically tailored to create value for all shareholders, whether they participate in the buyback or not," CEO Roger Corbett said in a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods