AUSTRALIA: Woolworths completes share buyback
Australian retailer Woolworths has said that it has successfully completed its off-market A$532m (US$320.5m) share buyback. Woolworths bought 46.7 million ordinary shares, or 4.4% of issued capital, at $11.40 per share, reported Dow Jones International News. "The structure of the buyback was specifically tailored to create value for all shareholders, whether they participate in the buyback or not," CEO Roger Corbett said in a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant