AUSTRALIA: Woolworths confident of sustained profit growth
Woolworths, Australia's largest grocery retailer, today [Monday] forecast continued low double-digit growth in earnings. "Looking forward we believe we can continue to sustain high single-digit sales growth and low double digit earnings growth for the foreseeable future," chief executive Roger Corbett said at a briefing. The group outstripped forecasts to post a 24% rise in interim net profits to A$295.5m (US$153.7m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO