AUSTRALIA: Woolworths continues to impress investors, bucking retail gloom
Australia's largest food retailer Woolworths continues to impress investors bucking the doom and gloom forecasts of other retailers following the terrorist attacks in the US last month. In the first eight weeks of 2001-2002 the supermarket revealed a sales increase of 8.7% compared with first quarter growth last year of 9.2%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods