AUSTRALIA: Woolworths does not see loss of market share to Coles Myer
Roger Corbett, chief executive of Australian retailer Woolworths, has said his company does not expect to lose market share to rival Coles Myer, despite the latter's new fuel deal. John Fletcher, CEO of Coles Myer, which announced yesterday that it has agreed a deal with Royal Dutch/Shell Group which it expects will boost annual sales by around 12% or A$3bn (US$1.95bn),will be hoping to tempt customers away from Woolworths with a discount fuel programme.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week