AUSTRALIA: Woolworths does not see loss of market share to Coles Myer
Roger Corbett, chief executive of Australian retailer Woolworths, has said his company does not expect to lose market share to rival Coles Myer, despite the latter's new fuel deal. John Fletcher, CEO of Coles Myer, which announced yesterday that it has agreed a deal with Royal Dutch/Shell Group which it expects will boost annual sales by around 12% or A$3bn (US$1.95bn),will be hoping to tempt customers away from Woolworths with a discount fuel programme.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti