AUSTRALIA: Woolworths hint at decline in growth, deny concern over Aldi
At what was apparently the most active AGM ever attended by chairman John Dahlsen, Australia's second largest supermarket group Woolworths warned shareholders that it was experiencing a decline in growth over the financial year. Yesterday's meeting (20 November) saw CEO Roger Corbett blaming poor economic conditions and the failure of the Ezy Banking venture to reach profit for the distinctly mediocre forecasts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly