AUSTRALIA: Woolworths in line with Q1 sales forecasts
Australian supermarket giant Woolworths has reported a first-quarter sales increase of 14.3% compared to a year earlier. The company's total sales were A$6.7bn (US$3.7bn) in the 14-week period to 6 October, up from $5.8bn in the same period last year. The growth was in line with expectations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega