AUSTRALIA: Woolworths in strategic alliance with GreenGrocer.com
Australia's largest supermarket chain, Woolworths , has revealed its plans to form a strategic alliance with e-tailer GreenGrocer.com.au . Woolworths will become a minority shareholder with an investment of A$12m for a 26% stake in the company. CEO of Woolworths, Roger Corbett explained: "we saw it as a strategic investment to build up a type of relationship in terms of knowledge and entrepreneurialship."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival