AUSTRALIA: Woolworths moves into rural area with Humpty Doo takeover
Australian supermarket giant Woolworth's has this week completed a buyout of rural grocery store Humpty Doo Super Fresh . Woolworths NT-SA operations manager Steve Greentree revealed that the retailer is set to spend A$1m to upgrade the store: "We're doing a full refurbishment at the moment. That includes putting in new refrigeration, new checkouts and an overall decor change."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid