AUSTRALIA: Woolworths posts strong Q2 sales
Australian retailer Woolworths has posted sales from continuing operations up 10% to A$7.39bn (US$4.34bn) for the second quarter to 12 January. Woolworths, which is Australia's biggest retailer by market value, said total second quarter sales were up 8% to $7.47bn. First half sales from continuing operations were up 13% to $13.92bn, while total first half sales rose 11% to $14.14bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail