AUSTRALIA: Woolworths receives buyout bid for AIW
Australian retailer Woolworths has been made a joint buyout bid for its AIW independent wholesalers division by two independent supermarket groups - Queensland's United Star Supermarkets and Victoria-based Food-way. Woolworths last week announced it was planning to withdraw from wholesale distribution after it lost a key buyer, FoodWorks Supermarket Group, to rival supplier Metcast Trading.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre